Monday, June 6, 2011

Great Explanation For Strong Passwords That Are Easy To Remember

They demonstrate how to create a strong password, that is easy to remember. Please share this information with others. Read the remainder of my blog entry to get some advice on what to do when you need to change your password.

I recommend just adding the year and month of the change to your current password. For example, Craig's List recommends changing it every 45 days or so. My recent password, if I recall correctly, would include this year, and June. I could abbreviate the month in 2 or 3 letter, spell it out, or type it in single digit numerical form, or type it in 2 digit numerical form. The year could 4 digits, or 2. The month could come after the year or not. It is entirely up to you. Just use the same format that is easy for you to remember.

1 comment:

  1. hey, thanks for sharing. i've been getting lastpass.com to generate passwords for me, and i don't even try to remember them. :)

    ReplyDelete