Friday, November 23, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012: My Second Journey To Literary Acclaim

I am excited to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. I must say that I was a bit intimidated, because last year, I really had to push myself to find stuff to write. A year later, I feel that I have a better grasp of what story elements to include. Also, I improved my ability to just brainstorm and write, and this helped me to push through this personal writing marathon. So, I was quite glad to challenge myself with this personal marathon.

I realize that I have a ways to go, before I write that action packed epic. Therefore, I am glad to freely share with you the writing that I create on my journey to success. Each day, a new blog post will show up. Each day's writing is an average of 3,400 words, but bear in mind that some days really deviate from the average. If you want to ask any questions or offer support, then feel free to leave a comment below.

If you want to use any of these ideas in your own writing, then please ask. I want to ensure that we have a win-win situation. In general, I will not need any compensation or recognition. However, I definitely want to retain all rights to use the ideas that were genuinely mine.

For those of you, who want to buy a copy of the finished product, go to my store. The store is in rough shape, and is currently being used as a test store, but I intend to get it ready. I honestly encourage you to save your money until I write that epic, but all money is gratefully appreciated. Be sure to leave a comment below about your interest in purchasing, so that I can order a bunch at the same time to save on shipping. You could also leave a comment at the store.

By the way, a lot of this writing was brainstorming out of order, so you will get a glimpse of the end before you reach the last day of writing. Also, since it is just brainstorming, you might find that certain character names change, or the roles in the story change. I wish you the best of success in slogging through this rough stuff.

By the way, the rest of my post contains notes on who the characters are. Part way through the writing, I made this cheat sheet to guide me. Maybe it will help you, as well. Also, I will be update this post every so often to give links to each day's writing. Just click on "read more" or whatever it is, or the title of the blog post.

The end. Thank you for reading and for your support!

Johnteen, protagonist
CarlJohn's best friend; feisty and willing to fight
Jamesfriend who owned the ball, and didn't want to lend it to Jake
Sallyschoolmate
BrockJohn and Carl's antagonist
JakeBrock's best friend
Mayor J?
Haroldfather
Carolmother
Duncaneither John's friend or Tom's friend, to take on Dr. Evil?
Tomis a great paladin; the senior that John visits
ReedTom's little friend, who likes to cast out demons
Winchesterdrill sergeant
Sergeant PounderTom's drill instructor
Platoon Commander Tomlinexperienced vet, who commanded Tom's platoon
Highest Cleric, General Caldwell
Captain Van Tilling
?Frank?Tom's friend
Homer
Simon
Jim
Mike
Davidvillain
Mr. Kooanother villain; hates paladins; loves the Glastony orb

No comments:

Post a Comment