Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Might Have Type 2 Diabetes [dark eyebrows & grey hair]

[Update: I wrote a blog entry on the results, or lack thereof, of the diabetes test: Type 2 Diabetes Update [dark eyebrows & grey hair]

I went in for a test for Type 2 Diabetes. I decided to colour my hair a natural black, to get the grey out. Read on for the details.

I saw The Doctors, the other day. Here are some things that make them very reputable to me.

  • try to explain things in simple terms
  • encourage people to not worry about some things
  • encourage people to be cautious about other things
  • encourage people to see a doctor for more information
  • don't go about prescribing drugs
In general, they are focused more on prevention than cure.

So, when they mentioned that having peppery hair, and dark eyebrows might be a sign of having Type 2 Diabetes, I became a bit concerned. I found it hard to believe, but it sort of makes sense in that a disease could affect hair pigment colour. I was a bit skeptical, so I went to check out the web. Sure enough, it is mentioned: Eyebrow Color Connected To Diabetes? Apparently..

I went to the doctor the other day, to get him to send me to the blood test clinic. I went to the clinic, today, Monday. I'm a bit nervous about the possibility of having Diabetes, but I think that I should be alright. In a weird sense, I would be relieved to have it. Then I could use that as an excuse for having grey hair.

That being said, it might not make a difference, because I have decided to start colouring my hair. I'll go for the natural black. The idea is that I don't see any reason to show it to people. I'm not going to lie about it. I'll cover it up from casual view. If anybody wants to know, then I'll let them know.

Before, I used to think that covering it up was a waste of money, and it wasn't natural. I thought of it as a way of not accepting how we look, and I didn't like that. I now realize that life doesn't have to be like that. In the Bible, Jesus Christ says that we should try to hide our appearances when we fast [i.e. go out of our way to look natural]. Another thing that motivates me to colour my hair is that I want to see if women are more receptive to me. I think that once the woman becomes accustomed to me, I can play around with my appearances.

Also, I believe the Bible when it says that the hoary head is a crown of glory when attained with wisdom. Some may say that I'm arrogant, but I felt a bit of pride in having grey hair, because of the implications. So when the news hit me, I felt a bit discouraged at the thought of having grey hair because of Type 2 Diabetes. Upon further reflection, I realized that the disease doesn't cancel out the ultimate purpose of the grey hair. God could use Type 2 Diabetes to give me the crown of glory. We'll have to wait until heaven to know for sure, but for now, you'll just have to take my word for it. ;^p

No comments:

Post a Comment