Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dish Pit Update: Sizing Up The Competition

Now that I have several weeks of experience under my belt, I am beginning to pay attention to how the other dish guys do their job. I have a sneaking suspicion that none of them are as good and/or fast as they might assume. They all seem so sloppy, and they all seem to cut corners which saves time.

Another interesting thing happened that really influenced my opinion. The head chef, which is a kitchen manager, came and helped me by taking things off of the clean counter of the dish washer. I was amazed that even with him helping me, he preferred that I keep focusing on a small pile of dishes, regardless of the pile of kitchen tools and pots piling up. The kitchen stuff was looking very ugly, but he was happy to have me ignore it. It seems that I have to create a different set of priorities, despite what the other guys are telling me.

The end. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment