Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I Got A Job As A Dishwasher

July 11 was my first day. I found it challenging on an emotional level, because it seemed like such a demeaning job. However, after watching some YouTube videos, I do not think that it has to be that way. There is so much pressure to get things done quickly, and we have such a wide variety of things to clean, so we really need to become experienced to do a good job.

I have embedded a few videos in the remainder of the blog post to show you how well some people perform and how appreciated dishwashers can be.


This shows how hard it can be. There seems to be quite a few guys staffing the dish pit. I think that they are doing a typical rush period, as opposed to picking up after somebody, who did not do his job.


This video is great, because it shows us how content we can be with a dish pit job.


I like this priceless quote from this chef: When he is on and the kitchen is clean and tidy, I'm at peace with the world.. This and the next video show us how much we can be appreciated.

Be sure to watch the rest of the video.


This next video seems really meaningful. They seem to put some heart into expressing the value. This and the previous video show us how much pride we can have in this job.

The end. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment