Monday, July 5, 2010

Adversity And A Woman Named Lizzie [50th Blog Entry]

I read Thu's blog entry about a woman, named Lizzie, with a rare disease. It causes her to not gain weight, which has more serious consequences than bulimia and anorexia, in my opinion.

This is my 50th blog entry, for this blog, and I think that it is very fitting to write about this very meaningful topic, even though it is only a small milestone. Read more to find out what this means to me.

[I'll also write about it in my hosiery advocacy blog.]

I find her struggle meaningful for a couple of reasons.

First of all, she is dealing with adversity. She wonders why this kind of suffering happens to people. Her success in dealing with adversity could be an inspiration to all of us, for all areas of life.

Second of all, I deal with people looking at me often. My problems are similar in nature, but she can't change the way she looks in the same manner that I can. That doesn't mean that I can't find similarities.

When I write, I can inspire people, in the same way that I was inspired: by pointing to her. Every time I want to encourage you, my readers, to stand out and make a difference, I might point to her.

People looking at us should learn that there is more to life than not suffering.

I see a bright future for many of us.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my blog.
    And Lizzie deserves to be a role-model for everyone to follow.

    ReplyDelete