Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thoughts On Latest Web Traffic And ODF Templates

I can see that my earlier blog entry, "ODF Templates For OpenOffice.org [Lulu.com, Turabian, misc]", seems to resonate well with my visitors. I'm not entirely sure why that is. I suspect that each visitor is just a curious person who wants to see what's happening. I suspect that each person is skimming through.

I also suspect that it's a case of visitors being curious about ODF templates. I've felt, for some time, that there are not enough templates out there to allow us to harness the power of ODF. These templates don't need to be very complex. They just need to save us a few key strokes. I wish that there were a way to figure out which templates users are demanding. It would be so much easier to meet their needs, that way.

Currently, there seem to be a lot of spreadsheet templates, and presentation background templates. These don't really excite me. I wish we could make more use of Writer and Draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment