Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Use Opera's Start Bar And Google's I'm Feeling Lucky To Avoid Polluting Your Address Bar History

There are times when I want to type in an address, but not want the address to remain in the address bar's history.

To accomplish this, I enabled the start bar, which is a tool bar, that appears below the address bar, when you click in the address field. Next, I added a Google "I'm Feeling Lucky" search box, to the start bar. To keep the field accessible in smaller window sizes, I kept it on the left side of the bar.

To use it, I just click in the address field, then click in the "I'm Feeling Lucky" search field. So in 2 clicks, you are ready to type in an address.

This will be very handy for when you need to type an address that you might only need to visit a few times or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment